SPG offers a 40-hour ABA training for experienced paraprofessionals on track for certification as a Registered Behavior Technician. Participants learn the fundamentals of ABA techniques, Autism Spectrum Disorder, behavior management, skill acquisition, data collection, as well as ethical guidelines and crisis prevention.
For more information on RBT certification, please click here.
SPG has partnered with National University to establish a six-course sequence in ABA, which was designed to prepare SLPs for the national BCBA certification exam. In addition to a year of coursework, our SLPs and SLPAs participate in 1,500 hours of supervised fieldwork, provided by a Senior BCBA Supervisor with SPG. After passing the national certification exam therapists become dually certified as SLP-As/BCBAs. As such, they are particularly well qualified to serve the needs of students with severe speech-language and behavioral deficits. Check back soon for details regarding our next BCBA training.
For more information on BCBA certification, click here.
SPGs BCBAs also provide supervision to RBTs pursuing certification as a BCaBA or BCBA.
Workshops for Districts and School Staff
SPG offers a variety of trainings to school districts, interventionists, teachers and paraprofessionals. Topics generally include working with children with disabilities, behavior management, environmental supports and adaptations. The following is just a sampling of our training topics:
- Introduction to ABA & Autism
- Skill Acquisition Procedures and Data Collection
- Introduction to Behavior Management and Data Collection
- Teaching Play Skills
- Activity & Visual Schedules
- Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder
- CPI Training (nonviolent crisis intervention preparation designed to teach best practices for managing difficult situations and disruptive behaviors)
- Behavior Management: Using Communication And ABA To Prevent And Extinguish Problem Behaviors
- Effective Treatment Of Students With Autism Spectrum Disorders In The Schools – Evidence-Based Practices And Current Research
- Mastering Challenging Behaviors: Using ABA Techniques To Address Challenging Behaviors In The School Setting
- Visual Supports In The Classroom: Structured Teaching
For comprehensive list of trainings and scheduling information please click here.
If you have questions about rates or are interested in receiving a printable list of our presentations, please contact Mengting Shieh at email@example.com.